To validate signatures, Sign Live! C.C.C always current Root certificates that are at least available for the eIDAS-PKI Trust lists (Trusted List-TL).
Sign Live! CC ships with a current set of root certificates at the time of release. From time to time, trust centers use new root certificates. If we receive information about this from the trust centers, we will forward it to you via email. To do this, register for our newsletter.
In any case, you must ensure that Sign Live! CC updated its root certificates. You can do this manually or automated carry out:
– For the workplace: Manual
This method is completely sufficient for normal installation at the workplace.
- Via menu item Tools> Certificates> Update Trust Lists trigger the update of the trust lists manually.
– For server installation: Automated
Especially in Server installations it makes sense to have the update triggered time-controlled. To do this, adapt the preconfigured service container:
- Via menu item Tools> Services> Service Container Management Configure the schedule of the "Trusted List Update Scheduler" service container and automatically trigger the update of the trust lists:
If the update is not possible or aborts with an error message, please check:
- The internet connection (proxy, firewall, ...).
- Whether the virus scanner deletes trusted lists downloaded from the profile directory. The profile directory is where the logs are stored. You can determine this using the menu option Window>Log File.
If the update is still not possible, please send a description of the error and the current log file an email@example.com.